Relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, the new Team Member will develop, maintain, and retain favorable relationships with current and potential clients in order to increase agency revenue. He or she will be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and will ensure that The Ashley Group’s services consistently meet client needs. The new Team Member will be expected to bring fresh ideas, energy, and a positive attitude that enhances our corporate culture. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Service assigned client groups including resolving customer issues/problems.
- Coordinates the Renewal process by marketing all employee benefit lines with numerous carriers.
- The ability to review and implement The Ashley Group’s Action Plans.
- The ability to assemble and market requests for proposals from various insurance carriers on new/existing accounts.
- Review, evaluate and negotiate proposals/renewals received from the various carriers and make recommendations to the Producer, and create formal proposal presentations.
- Conduct client presentations in the absence of or in conjunction with the Producer or carrier representative.
- Provide training to clients on their benefits and programs.
- Provide outreach to group clients with the use of The Ashley Group tools.
- Coordinate the workflow for the Producer between the internal staff, clients and insurance carriers.
- Effect changes in coverage as requested and needed by client.
- Direct a smooth transition from one carrier to another carrier.
- Perform periodic service calls on group accounts and execute The Ashley Group’s Action Plans.
- Update all group accounts on the Agency Management System.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with each insurance carrier to satisfy our clients’ needs and facilitate the processing of business.
- Handle or refer all requests by our clients.
- Act as a backup to the Producer with clients and carriers.
- Act as backup to the clerical staff as needed.
- Attend and complete any training sessions or assignments as required.
- Perform other tasks on projects as needed/assigned.
- Perform your job in such a manner that other employees will consider it a pleasure and privilege to work with you.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Insurance license or ability to be licensed.
- Possess communication skills necessary to communicate with clients, companies and prospects concerning employee benefit lines of coverage.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (spreadsheets) required. Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to details, accurate, responsive and self-motivated.
- Team player and task oriented.
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA Contribution
- Company Culture Reinforcement activities
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Discounted Logo Wear
- Paid volunteer hours