Health Savings Account
KeyBank Health Savings Account for
Introducing the KeyBank Health Savings Account (HSA) — a new type of account that can help you control rising health care costs and premiums.
What you need to get started
A KeyBank HSA works with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). To be eligible to open an HSA, you must:
- Be enrolled in an HDHP
- Not be covered by another health care insurance plan, except what is permitted (see IRS Publication 969 for more information)
- Not be covered by Medicare
- Not be a dependent on someone else’s tax return
Three simple ways to enroll
- The easiest and most immediate way to apply for an HSA is online. Click on the “Open Your Account Now” link at the right. The easy to follow instructions will guide you through the process.
- Enroll over the phone by calling 888-KEY-2020 to speak with one of KeyBank’s HSA specialists.*
- Enroll at any KeyBank Branch.*
*Most fees can we waived with your checking account at Key. For more information on pricing contact your local Keybank branch or visit Key.com/HSA.
The unique benefits of a KeyBank HSA
- You can easily manage and track expenses with Key Bill Pay, and monitor your account activity online through Online Banking.
- Your KeyBank HSA Checking Account pays a tiered rate of interest. This provides a greater rate of return as your balance grows, allowing you to maximize your earnings potential while maintaining accessibility to your FDIC insured funds.
- A KIS brokerage account allows you to invest and diversify as you see fit (certain restrictions apply).
- Transactions with your MasterCard® HSA debit card are secure. You may choose to customize your HSA debit card with a special feature called Health Care Spending Protection, which can be activated to only allow purchases on the card to be used for qualified medical expenses. The HSA Debit Card also features PayPass™, a quick way to make purchases under $25.
For more information
Visit www.key.com/HSA for additional information, or call 888-KEY-2020 to speak with an HSA specialist.
KeyBank is Member FDIC.