The selected candidate will join The Ashley Group as a valued member of our Sandusky headquarters Team. He or she will assist the controller to perform essential accounting tasks as assigned and will be expected to bring fresh ideas, energy, and a positive attitude that enhances our corporate culture.
- Use accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Perform financial calculations, such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Prepare and process payroll information.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- 3+ years of office experience including accounting activities.
- Expertise in spreadsheet development and manipulations: Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook.
- English Language.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Possess communication skills necessary to communicate with clients, companies and prospects.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to details, accurate, responsive and self-motivated.
- Team player and task oriented.
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- HSA Contribution
- Company Culture Reinforcement activities
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Discounted Logo Wear
- Paid volunteer hours